2nd ReFORM Prevention Days
Internationally renowned speakers were welcomed to the National Sport Center d’Coque in Luxembourg- City for the second edition of the ReFORM Prevention Days. During these sessions, cross-cutting and current themes were discussed such as the implementation of preventive measures, integrity around sports practice or even ethics in the care and management of athletes.
Session 1 : Primary prevention
- C. Moseid : The Norwegian approach to primary sport injury prevention in young athletes
- G. Martens : Stakeholders’ awareness regarding injury prevention differs between cultures and professions
- S. Leclerc : Primary prevention : focus on education and awareness
Session 2 : Injury prevention is multifaceted
- P. Tscholl : Ethical considerations of surgical management in athletes
- F. Van Nassau : The implementation of injury prevention
- T. Vertommen : Safeguarding in sport : What, who, why and how ?
- C. Bolling : Injury prevention through athletes perspectives : the missing pieces of the puzzle
Session 3 : Tools for injury prevention
- C. Mouton : Injury registries
- J. Bencke : How can clinical biomechanics help prevention ?
- F. Delvaux : Injury prevention programmes in team sports : how to improve implementation and compliance ?
- C. Emery : Impact of policy and rule change on injury incidence
Session 4 : Practical examples – lower limb injury prevention
- K. Crossley : Can we prevent patellofemoral pain ?
- M. Bayer : What do we know regarding coupling between tissue changes and muscle function after acute muscle strain injuries ?
- G. Guilhem : The Fulgur project – muscle injury prevention in elite athletes
- G. Strutzenberger : Lessons learned from using a standardized test battery